The Barry Table

It's about food, sure, but just like Barry tables across Chicago and around the country, this is also a place to share ideas, make plans for family reunions and boast about recent accomplishments, food-related or not.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Breakfast in Ferndale

I was in Ohio last week for work and then Monday morning I took Greyhound up to Detroit for a visit to the Barry clan in Michigan. Mike picked me up and when we got to campus, we visited Kevin in his lab and I understood about a quarter of what he said.

Monday night in Ypsilanti, I enjoyed a lovely peanut sauce stirfry that Lori made and hung out with Mike and Lori and their menagerie of dogs. And then on rainy Tuesday morning we met Kevin for lunch on Nine Mile in Ferndale. Didn't think of taking out my camera until then, and didn't take any pictures of the food. But here are a couple photos of us.

Mike's first attempt at using my camera, which has a brief red-eye-prevention delay, resulted in him taking a photo of his shoes. But he assured us it was intentional, to get us laughing. It worked.

1 comment:

Patrick Barry said...

If you can understand a quarter of what Kevin says on technical topics, you are doing quite well.

Thanks for the news report.