The Barry Table

It's about food, sure, but just like Barry tables across Chicago and around the country, this is also a place to share ideas, make plans for family reunions and boast about recent accomplishments, food-related or not.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's ON Grace, ON like Donkey-Kong!


Well Grace, if you just want some stupid food, I can tell you about stupid food. See, though it might get boring once in a while, us cats are simple creatures. We wake up, make a little noise, our pet human gets up and fetches us some delicious food, it might be the same food day after day, but it's always delicious and doesn't require any work on my part. But humans, those are funny creatures. Instead of just eating some ready-made cat food, they have to talk about what to make, take trips to the store to get ingredients, make a big mess, and then eat something funny. My humans, who normally try to make Chinese dishes have been on an American food kick lately. Now that is some stupid food. Let's start with Pizza, specifically the pizza that Kevin and Li-yi made while they could've been napping like me.

Baby corn and avocado, with tomato sauce and Trader Joe's basil pizza dough? As if that weren't weird enough, they also make a second pizza with asparagus, mushrooms of every kind, and funny colored peppers. If I were to make a pizza, it'd have cat grass dough, no tomato sauce, and extra cat kibbles on top. Forget the vegetables.
But no american food is complete without some pie. Now i'm not talking about catnip pie or something delicious, i'm talking about pumpkin pie. Pumpkins are supposed to sit outside and look silly, not be eaten. But humans, they just don't understand these things, so they cut up a pumpkin and cooked it and blended it and cooked it again and eventually came up with one of these. I took a sniff of it, then lost interest and took a nap. By the time I woke up they'd eaten it all. Humans...

But now if you want really weird food, you have to skip their American nights and check out their Chinese nights. One night they're making something called "Goo-da", which sounds pretty good to me. That is until I saw them making it. Why would you name a dish after the word "Good" if it's got zucchini in it? Beats me. But they put some zucchini in some kind of dough, and put the whole thing into a soup. Towards the end of the meal they still had like 7 "good" balls left and Kevin said he'd eat 5 of them. That perked my interested as if it's really that good maybe I should try some (I'd already eaten all my food anyway). But Kevin's eyes are bigger than his stomach and he only ate one of the "good" balls before giving up.


Then another night, Li-yi takes a bunch of mushrooms and chops their tails off (Ouch!). She then prepares some kind of tofu-pepper mix and stuffs it back into the mushroom. I have to admit, the final result was pretty beautiful, but it still doesn't hold a candle to a fresh bowl of Science Diet Light for Cats (I prefer the flavor of Light, it's not because I'm on a diet).


Well that's about all the stupid food I can think of at the moment. What have you been eating lately Grace? I highly recommend the Science Diet Light for Cats if you are looking for something new.

Everyone's Favorite Cat,
-Tesla

3 comments:

Brian and Sheila said...

LAWLZ
NICE ONE TESLA
Yogi

Patrick Barry said...

Excellent! But I must disagree with Tesla's reaction to those human foods, which looked fantastic, in particular the mushroom dish. Sounds like Kevin and Liyi are cooking up a storm.

Brian and Sheila said...

ah, yes. i completly agree, Patrick. while you may think us strange by eating these colourful foods, try it some day...you'll see... you'll see...
Grace