The Barry Table

It's about food, sure, but just like Barry tables across Chicago and around the country, this is also a place to share ideas, make plans for family reunions and boast about recent accomplishments, food-related or not.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Kitchen is Finished

This past weekend I applied three coats of grout sealer to my new tile countertop and now I am declaring victory. After more than two years, my kitchen remodel is complete.

Oh sure, there are drawers to organize and a few spots where I need to caulk or paint, but the last big piece -- the counter around the stove -- is finished. (I only was using sheets of plywood for that counter for more than a year.)






And here's a photo from two years ago.

3 comments:

anne said...

Wow!
Looks like now I might haver to finish mine. It has been more than 2 years for me.

Anne

John Byrne Barry said...

What's the hurry? I'm glad to be done, but there's part of me that's thinking, "OK, what do I do now?"

Patrick Barry said...

Excellent! The tile looks great and the colors are terrific. Also I like the curves and angles.

We've been using our new kitchen for four and a half years now; of course we didn't paint it until last year.