The Barry Table

It's about food, sure, but just like Barry tables across Chicago and around the country, this is also a place to share ideas, make plans for family reunions and boast about recent accomplishments, food-related or not.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bagna Cauda What?

At about 5am last night (this morning) after a long night of dancing, drinking, making friends, and eating tacos, I declared to my roommate Heather that I was going to cook her dinner the next day. I don't know why I declared this... but cook her dinner, I did!
After downloading the epicurious app onto my iPhone I hit the grocery store and started cooking up a storm. Heather came home from work to a perfectly timed meal of arugula and avocado salad, grilled catfish, fresh artichokes, french bread, bagna cauda, and sangria.

What is Bagna Cauda, you ask?
It's a delicious garlic and oil dipping sauce for both the artichokes and the bread. Ingredients: 3 heads of garlic, anchovies, butter, olive oil.
Heather calls it "fucking heaven."

1 comment:

Patrick Barry said...

Three heads of garlic! That sounds like the secret.

Glad you are cooking and thanks for reviving (or at least using) The Barry Table. We have to change that graphic at the top.