The Barry Table

It's about food, sure, but just like Barry tables across Chicago and around the country, this is also a place to share ideas, make plans for family reunions and boast about recent accomplishments, food-related or not.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dog kibble again

Its been a long boring day at the Barry house, from the moment the humans woke up, ate and left to the moment Grace got home and petted me. I've been a little downhearted lately, mostly because every single day, every single week, every single month, every single year I've been with the Barry's I've had to eat kibble. I'm not so computer savvy, so i couldn't put a picture on, plus i don't have opposable thumbs so i cant exactly work the camera. I'd like to say I'm sick of this, this kibble! who says dogs have to eat "healthy, delicious food" ? I'd say that food tastes like grease and dirt and elephant poop. ( not that I've ever ate elephant poop. I'm a sensible dog, okay?) i demand some delicious, juicy steak, some melt in your mouth ice cream, crackly brown bread. and yogurt. yoghurt's really good. Now who will rise with me and strike against the tyranny of greasy kibble? who shall? you sir? come Tesla cat, we shall unite and strike, to forever change the history of canines and felines forever!

7 comments:

Patrick Barry said...

Beautiful! A creative and imaginative post. Thank you, Grace.

Tesla Cat said...

I'm with you Yogi! The same food day after day does get tiresome. But believe it or not, this morning was actually a change... For the worse!

After Kevin finally woke up, I rushed to my food bowl eagerly awaiting bland-nutritionally-complete-food-pellets. However instead of filling the bowl, like normal, he only gave me around 5 food-pellets! 5? How can I survive off this minor snack?

I correctly assumed he would pick up some food on his way home from school today. But got my hopes too high when I saw him preparing two bagel sandwiches. Each overflowing out the sides with sweet potato (cooked), baby cucumbers, carrots, bell pepper and a very fragrant garlic hummus. My mouth was watering, and then -- he filled my bowl with food-pellets. Both sandwiches were for himself!

Patrick Barry said...

Bravo! Tesla tells it like it is.

Brian and Sheila said...

sorry but that seriously wasnt me. that was yogi.

Patrick Barry said...

Of course it was Yogi, but I assumed that you worked the keyboard for him.

Brian and Sheila said...

tue, true. i was his typist-i got 5 dollars for it. but i think he took the five dollars from me...

Brian and Sheila said...

and by the way Tesla-that sandwich did sound very good. i'm sorry you didnt get any-it truly is blasphemy.
-Yogi