The Barry Table

It's about food, sure, but just like Barry tables across Chicago and around the country, this is also a place to share ideas, make plans for family reunions and boast about recent accomplishments, food-related or not.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Colorful food is healthy, right?


All the articles in the food section say that a meal that screams color tends to be good for you, so before Pam got home tonight I dug around to see what we had and settled on orange, green, white and red. Sweet potatoes, green beans and radiatore pasta with a sauce of dried cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, onions, four cloves of garlic and half of a dried habanero pepper, which was actually not quite enough.

I show it here with my signature yellow napkin, to add a bit more color.

2 comments:

Lori Stark and Michael Barry said...

I want to eat like Pat and Pam!

Pam Barry said...

And you will on Thanksgiving. Perhaps I'll post photos of the butternut squash spring rolls. I made them when Janet and Freddy were in town and Freddy liked them so much he had one for breakfast. He knows how please his future mother-in-law!