The Barry Table

It's about food, sure, but just like Barry tables across Chicago and around the country, this is also a place to share ideas, make plans for family reunions and boast about recent accomplishments, food-related or not.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Monday Night Dinner, Plus Some Kitchen Shots








Ok, I found my camera cable and downloaded 137 photos. But I'll spare you all but a few.

First, the stir-fry from Monday, and you can see the top of my new slide-in stove. (Counter to slide it into still to come.)

And then here are a few of the dozens of kitchen shots I have to sort through.


This first one is from when I came back after living in Mill Valley for eight days while my floors were being sanded and finished. (I won't show you the photo of my basement, where I stashed everything.)

And then there are two shots of a working, albeit unfinished kitchen.

I'm loving it, though I still have many boxes to unpack. I have 30 plates, but only 3 forks. So far.

Sunday I will have my third, or is it fourth annual Thanksgiving leftovers potluck.

btw, I told Sean about this. He'd like to be invited as well.

2 comments:

Brian and Sheila said...

Very cool. I like the one in which the kitchen is entirely empty.

Patrick Barry said...

The kitchen looks fabulous, in particular the seamless floor, but also the ceiling, walls, cabinets, the integrated whole.

As to signing up Sean, I've just changed all authors to full administrative capabilities (in the dashboard, under permissions) so John, you should be able to invite Sean in and then make him an administrator as well.