The Barry Table

It's about food, sure, but just like Barry tables across Chicago and around the country, this is also a place to share ideas, make plans for family reunions and boast about recent accomplishments, food-related or not.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

You want color in your food? I'll give you color!


I hope your graphics card can handle the entire spectrum of color, because that's what I have in this little Mediterranean salad I threw together last night. There are peppers of yellow, red, and orange, cucumbers, imported Kalamata olives, carrots, Italian flat-leaf parsley, Roma tomatoes, wisps of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and a dijon vinaigrette.
Tonight - Soup and sandwiches: Potato-Leek soup and grilled mozzarella and tomatoes on Tuscan bread. Yummm.

2 comments:

Patrick Barry said...

Yes, that does look excellent, and your soup choice I've put on my list for later this weekend.

But in the tradition of smart-alecky blog comments, I must add this:

"imported Kalamata olives"? As opposed to what, domestic Kalamatas? They're the best olives in the world, you know.

Brian and Sheila said...

Pretty snarky comment there Patrick. I bet you could buy "Kalamata-style" olives that were grown in Hungary or Peru.

The soup turned out pretty good. I snuck a half-inch slice from a big head of cabbage into it.